The rebel Porsche customizer


Urban Outlaw

URBAN OUTLAW is a portrait of Magnus Walker, the rebel Porsche customizer who turned a hobby into an obsession, and an obsession into a successful business. From a workshop in downtown Los Angeles, Magnus obsessively harvests fragments from donor 911s, grafting them onto vintage frames to create one-off automobiles with the spirit of Ferdinand Porsche but an ethos entirely his own.














My love affair with PORSCHE began as a 10 year old kid, and a trip to the 1977 LONDON motor show.

That is where I laid my eyes upon a 77-930 Martini TURBO!
As a kid growing up in SHEFFIELD-ENGLAND Porches were not a common sight. Sure I had the TURBO poster on my wall, lusted after one, and even wrote a letter to the Porsche factory!

Hey... They even wrote back!
Saying words to the affect "give us a call back when you are older".

Fast forward a few years, and in 1986 at the age of 19 I moved to
America and started a new life in LOS ANGELES..

At the age of 25 in 1992 I acquired my first 911,
now almost 20 years later and over 40 -911 cars later I am living my PORSCHE dream.

I have done some club racing and instructing with the POC throughout the past 10 years.
Over the past few years I have been expanding my 64-73 early car collection and have been building quite a few "sports purpose" R -ST inspired streetable track type cars.

My builds are starting to gain world wide attention,
and a few unique touches such as my grafted R turn signals, louvered deck lids, drilled door handles and attention to detail to name a few are becoming my "signature marks".

This blog is a slight peak into my daily life

THANKS FOR FOR FOLLOWING ALONG!!

CHEERS,

Magnus.










No comments:

Post a Comment